|My Book||Other Options|
|Cover||Hardcover, Matte||Padded, Paper, Hardcover, Linen, Bling, Leather, Leatherette|
|Size||8×8||8×8, 6×6, 10×10, 12×12, 8×6, 11×8, 14×11|
- Cover: It’s a sturdy hardcover with a very interesting, highly textured finish. I would say it’s matte, but with a dense stone/marble like texture. It’s a photo hardcover without a dust jacket. There is no barcode or logo anywhere on the book, which is great, as most other companies charge for it to be removed. ZNO offers several finishes, such as leather, fabric, photo window etc…. So plenty of options.
- Binding: In one word, it’s HEAVEN! The book is attached to the cover by a beautiful black, thick double spread sheet. Lay flat pages are printed as spreads and are stuck together. There is a nice fabric on the inside of the spine. It looks neat and tight! It feels luxurious and I’m sure it will last very long.
- Pages/Paper: For the lay flat books you only have one option, which looks like a lovely lustre paper to me. For flush mount books there are more options like lustre, metallic, art paper… and three thickness options. In the lay flat books pages are rigid enough, 0.5mm, and they don’t bend. Max number of pages is 100.
- Printing: They use Photo Lab printers, which I am not entirely sure are equal to silver-halide, but are certainly better than the standard digital. Colours and tones are fabulous. I only noticed some fine horizontal lines through the print, but it’s very hard to see.
It’s an online software that gives you limited options for creativity. If you want to create very intricate/creative layouts, do them in a third party software, and import the JPEGs into the ZNO software. It seems like their main focus was on photo albums when developing the software. It works perfectly for full page size photos, which is what you need for a portfolio or a wedding album, but for a travel book or a year book which needs a lot more editing, the software becomes very limited. But having said that, the website seems to focus more on photo albums than “books” which is understandable given the quality and binding of the books. There are plenty of layouts and they are easily customisable within limits.
I created the book Sunday night and it was in my hands Thursday morning. This is super fast, and the fact that it came from China makes it even more amazing.
Deals: There is no better deal than a first free book, but besides this they regularly offer 20-40% off too on selected products. Go to my deals section for the latest vouchers.
I think these books are just too precious for recipes, Instagram or Facebook pictures. Also, since it has limited editing functions, you couldn’t do books with stories, and scrapbook style albums. Of course, this is just my opinion, feel free to use the books for any pictures that you desire.
- superb binding
- great print quality
- fast delivery
- many cover options
- limited editing in software
- only one paper option