About the company:
FreePrints is a British company that started off “selling” free prints, but now they have a subsidiary for photo books too. Their biggest promo is the FREE books. You can get one 7×5″, 20 page, softcover book every month completely free, you only have to pay a small delivery charge of £5.99. I loved the print quality of the book and the editing options in the app. They currently available in the following countries: US, UK, Republic of Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain. Ignore what I said in the video about UK only deliveries…I contacted the company and they clarified this to me.
|My Book||Other Options|
|Paper||acid-free silk (approx 150GSM)
|Full Price (20pages)
- Binding: Perfect bound and well bound 🙂 Very little getting lost in the gutter, sturdy, no creepy glue sound when paging through the book. No lay flat option at this point.
- Cover: Nice, smooth, glossy softcover with lots and lots of nice designs for the back and front. There is a logo and barcode on the back cover. No spine text. Fairly thick. You can opt for a glossy hardcover for a surcharge or with the bigger sizes. The FREE books only comes with the softcover.
- Paper: Acid-free, smooth, silk paper. Although it’s not stated, it feels around 150GSM in thickness. This is the most standard photo book paper type. It is nice with a subtle sheen. Brilliant white. No upgrade options 😦
- Printing: They use digital printers. Colour reproduction was amazingly good despite being a free book. Saturation, tones and shadows/highlights all good. Happy, happy, happy. Outperformed some other digital books that cost £15-20.
5. Software (how it works?):
Download the app to your smartphone. Use camera roll, Facebook or Instagram. Very easy. On the pages you can have text, single images, full bleed images/layouts and layouts with up to 6 photos. Several background options: plain, pattern and themes. You can use masks to create photo shapes. Amazing cover designs. Add ons for a surcharge.
7-9 days for £5.99 or upgrade to first class for a charge. There is a separate app for US, UK, Republic of Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain. So you can get the books form these countries.
I don’t think you need a better deal than FREE haha.
What it it for:
Every day purposes, parties, friends, small trips, family, Instagram, Facebook….
What it is not for:
Not for weddings, expensive photoshoot pics or big scale projects.
- easy to make
- elegant templates
- nice cover
- great print quality
- no paper options
- limited options within the FREE range
- no lay flat option