About the company:
Despite the name, Myphotobook.co.uk is a German company but they operate a subsidiary in the UK too. They offer high quality real photo books and lots of wall art.
The below specs only refer to the real photo books. They have other paper, cover and binding options for the non real photo books.
|My Book||Other Options|
|Cover||Glossy Imagewrap Hardcover||Matt Imagewrap Hardcover|
|Paper||Glossy 380gsm photographic paper||Matt 380gsm photographic paper|
|Size||A4||A3, 20x20cm, 30x30cm|
- Cover: Two options here, glossy or matt. Sturdy, good imagewrap hardcover. I prefer the glossy to the matt for a cover. Text on spice, logo and barcode on the back. No complaints. Love it!
- Binding: Leporello (seamless) lay flat binding. Nothing gets lost in the gutter. Printed as double spreads. Pages nicely, will last a long time. No other option for the real photo books.
- Pages/Paper: Pages are fairly thick, but they do bend easily, according to the website they use a 380gsm paper stock. You can choose between glossy and matt. Both are fantastic, but the glossy gives a better dynamic range and more vibrant colours, as you would expects. Great photo paper, no moans.
- Printing: Silver Halide, no need to say anything else. This is as good as it gets in the photo book world. Fantastic colours, great depth, great contrast and top notch quality. Go for it!
The software needs to be downloaded from their website. So only offline mode. It is a bit more basic than Mixbook or Shutterfly, you won’t find the same dazzling themes, but there is not a lot that you can’t do. It was easy to use, with lots of layouts and customizability.
Costed £5.95 to the UK, and was within a week. Perfect!
They have lots of deals, up to 30%, 40% and even 50% off. Watch out!
What it is for:
It’s great for any special occasion, holidays, weddings, babies, parties and family.
What it is not for:
It’s a not cheap book for chit chats and Instagram photos. Pages are not very thick, so not a substitute for flush mount albums.
- great print quality
- great paper
- great binding
- great cover
- not a huge amount of sizes
- software could be a bit more creative
- more cover options for real photo books would be nice