About the company:
It’s an American company with printing stations in Asia. They specialise in high end flush mount books and they deliver worldwide. These books make a statement and they come in amazing packaging with caring instructions (how lovely!). They are big, heavy and fantastic, not for your every day pictures, but for a truly special occasion.
|My Book||Other Options|
|Cover||Glass Crystal||Acrylic, Curved Glass, Chrome Crystal, Framed Glass, Leatherette, Linen|
|Size||15×10||6×6, 6×8, 8×8, 8×10, 8×12, 10×10, 12×12, 12×18, 15×15|
- Binding: Fantastic binding. The book is printed onto double spreads which are stuck together with a strong, thick PVC sheet in between to create the flush mount look. There is a silver fabric around the spine (no text goes on it) and a nice little fabric touch on the pages. Opens perfectly flat. Sturdy, will last a long time!
- Cover: The glass crystal cover is very heavy, but it looks gorgeous; like a framed photo. You have a great choice of options here to choose from. You can have a photo on the front and back too. No barcode or logo anywhere on the book. Yay! But you can’t have any text on the spine.
- Paper: Only one paper option. Possibly my only complaint. However, it’s a great textured matt stock that looks almost a bit like canvas with very minimal glare. Looks professional and easy to clean. It’s very thick, as mentioned above, there is a PVC sheet inserted in between the spreads.
- Printing: They use digital printers, which is not my favourite as you might know by now. However, I couldn’t even tell at first, since the matt paper is so densely textured that you can’t see any digital nuances. Great dynamic range and colour reproduction. Probably the best digital print I’ve seen so far.
It’s an online software, so you need to upload all your images first. It has an automated layout system, where the layout changes the more pictures you add. Funky! Lots of backgrounds, clip art and masks to choose from. Loads of editing abilities. Not as creative as Mixbook or Shutterfly, but you wouldn’t want those designs in a flush mount book anyway, would you? Watch my video review for a quick walk through in the editor.
Was quite quick with DHL, only a few days. It came from Singapore.
Use the code GURU20 to get 20% off your order. Code valid thru 2017.
What it is for:
It’s great for any special occasion, professional shoots, travel, weddings, babies and family photos.
What it is not for:
Given the maximum page count you won’t be able to create a 200 page travel book in these, and there are limited scrapbooking possibilities. Not for Instagram or Facebook chat photos, don’t humiliate the book with those! 🙂
The full price of the book is $157 (£140)
- amazing covers
- great durability
- great binding
- good print quality
- great packaging
- no paper options
- no silver-halide printing